Harding Expedition Company was founded for a variety of purposes:
To build a community of responsible explorers and conservationists who want to venture forth with a respect for their environment, fellow man, and the unique experience of genuine exploration
- To provide affordable and valuable services that benefit this community:
- Group Travel and Adventure Touring
- Long Distance / Off-road Courier Deliveries
- Emergency Recovery
- Land Surveying, Geo/Trail Mapping, and Photo-Documentation
- Gear and Vehicle Rentals
To source a unique professional network of explorers and skilled crew members to facilitate expedition contracts for private and corporate needs.
To encourage philanthropic travel by way of our side project 'HopeQuests'. HopeQuests is our effort to fund-raise for other travelers who might not otherwise be able to afford their goals. Our method is simple, we market and crowdfund for these travelers and in return they help spread our mission and effort of care on their journeys. Additionally 50% of all funds raised by us for them will go directly to a charity of their choice.
- Finally, HEXCO was founded in memory of Richard B. Harding, without whom none of this would have been possible. Richard, born 1930, spent his entire life providing for his family and those in need around him. He never spent a second of his life focusing on his own goals (which included owning a vintage gas station and hiking the Appalachian trail). In 2011 Richard was taken from us due to aggressive Liver Cancer. As such, Harding ExCo exists in his memory and further 5% of all our proceeds will forever go toward Liver Cancer research.